I think this says all that needs to be said about the subject, in the general sense. From the bio page of my Eve Online corporation’s security director (Hooligan McFiend). It could, I think, fairly be said that these are reasonably good rules for software markets, too.
10 Rules for PVP
- 1. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring tech 2 guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns.
- 2. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Clones are expensive.
- 3. If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring big guns and a friend with big guns.
- 4. Always go heavy on firepower, always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
- 5. Have a plan.
- 6. Have a back-up plan, because the first one won’t work.
- 7. Decide to be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.
- 8. The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.
- 9. Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
- 10. Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.